Guoyu Plastic Industry shares with youRoad buried signs,The history of the use and development of signage in the United States is as follows:
In the United States, in 1965 rural areas allowed the use of signage as part of the "Highway Beautification Act." Initially, these signs were limited to the following categories: natural gas, food, lodging, and camping.
The Highway Beautification Act, which was revised in 1976, extended the program to major rural roads assisted by the federal government.
In 2000, the uniform traffic control device added regulations that allow signs and signs on urban highways (as long as sufficient spacing between signs can be maintained); however, as of 2015, not all states have adopted these regulations, and some states (such as California) And New York State) continue to restrict the installation of signs and signs only on rural roads.
As of 2015, in 18 states (Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee) States, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin together, Tennessee is the closest state (as of 2015) to abolish the restriction of only installing signage on rural roads.
In 2000, MUTCD also added the category of attractions, followed by MUTCD in 2003, which added the category of 24-hour pharmacies. The United States’ signage is limited to 6 signs per sign, and additional signs can be used for four per direction per exchange.
In 2006, the Federal Highway Administration proposed provisional approval to allow more than six signage panels for each type of service, with up to two signs per direction, and finally incorporated into the unified traffic control equipment in the 2009 manual.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Types and Functions of Geographical Warning Strips
- Material and characteristics of PE warning board
- Types and functions of detectable warning tapes
- Types of pipeline warning signs
- The material and function of geographic warning tape
- PE warning board installation method and characteristics
- Material and laying method of gas warning board
- Use and classification of pipeline markers
- Customized standards and installation methods of warning piles
- Features of PE warning protection board
- Where are HDPE warning guards and PE warning guards mainly used?